Save up to $7100 with the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus
What is the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+)?
You can now save up to $7100 from the government for upgrading an old heat pump to a new ENERGY STAR certified high-efficiency heat pump system. Ground, air, and domestic source hot water heat pumps qualify.
How is Enbridge Gas involved in the rebate?
Enbridge Gas offers a range of energy conservation programs that help Ontarians save energy and money. By teaming up with NRCan to co-deliver the Canada Greener Homes Grant (CGHG), Enbridge can help reduce your energy use.
All Ontario residents are eligible for the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus (HER+) program regardless of fuel current type. Additional rebates from Enbridge Gas are available to Enbridge Gas customers, this includes rebates to homeowners who do not occupy their homes. Enbridge Gas homes are eligible for additional rebates provided exclusively by Enbridge Gas.
How do I qualify for the rebate?
To be eligible, homeowners MUST meet the following criteria:
- All homeowners in Ontario qualify for the Home Efficiency Plus (HER+) program except,
- Homes where the owner does not currently live in the premise and the home does not have an active Enbridge Gas account.
- The homeowner has already started work on the upgrades before they conduct their pre-retrofit energy assessment.
- The home was built less than 6 months ago.
- The home is part of a cooperative or a multi-unit residential building (MURB) with more than 3 storeys or a footprint bigger than 600m2.
- Less than 50 percent of the building is residential living space.
- Homeowners who have already gone through the Home Efficiency Rebate (HER) or Canada Greener Homes Grant (CGHG) programs and maxed out their incentive at $5,000 for non-Enbridge Gas customers and $10,000 for Enbridge Gas customers.
- For the enhanced Enbridge Gas rebates funded by Enbridge Gas,
- You must be an Enbridge Gas customer and reside or own property in the Enbridge Gas franchise service areas at the time of the pre-retrofit energy assessment.
- Or be converting to Enbridge Gas natural gas.
- You must,
- Use a Natural Resources Canada approved Registered (NRCan) Energy Advisor.
- Complete a pre- and post-energy assessment from the same Registered Energy Advisor.
- Complete at least one qualifying upgrade recommended by the Registered Energy Advisor. For resiliency measures and the thermostat measures you must complete another measure beyond these.
- Follow the specific measure requirements that are provided.
- All participants must provide a copy of their invoices, proof of address and property tax bill before the Registered Energy Advisor can submit the file for payment.
For further FAQs about the Home Efficiency Rebate Plus Click Here.
The Government of Canada Grants Website.